Maple Leaf Foods is a leading Canadian food processing company committed to delivering quality food products to consumers around the world. We are looking for Industrial Meat Cutters to join us at our Brandon, Manitoba plant.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must be able to attend a screening session that will include both an interview and physical demands assessment. Screening sessions are held every two weeks in Brandon, Manitoba (Canada) and the applicant is responsible for the travel costs and any required travel documentation for the interview / testing. Job offers will not be extended to candidates who have not successfully completed an in person interview and physical demands assessment.
Positions include slaughtering livestock and removing viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses, cutting pork for further cutting, processing and packaging. Positions are available in a variety of departments including Cut and Kill areas.
A 100% company paid Benefits package is provided including Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
- Participate as part of a team in the processing of hogs to produce fresh and frozen product
- Assist with various tasks in the department assigned
- Keep up to production line speed
- Most jobs in the Barn, Dressing, Cut and Packaging floors include assembly line work
- Knife and other equipment use will be required
- Language - CLB 4• To ensure you meet language requirements for the job, please include language test scores with your application. The language test score can be included in your resume or test results can be uploaded to your online candidate profile.
- Graduate of High school; post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Three (3) years verifiable experience as a Butcher/Meat Cutter
- Previous industrial / manufacturing plant experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions from cool to warm and wet to dry
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks and stand for long periods of time
- Experience working with and committed to Good Manufacturing Practices is an asset
- Experience in food manufacturing within a fast-paced environment is an asset
- Comfortable being part of a multi-cultural, unionized environment
- Must be committed to safe work practices
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be focused on continuous improvement
- Use knives and other equipment to disassemble hog product for further processing
- Ensure safe and hygienic practices are applied to all tasks performed as per Company policies
Job Certifications, licensing or registration requirements
Hourly - Lead Hand, Trainer, Safety Captain
Salaried - Supervisor, Manager, and other functions
Long Service Awards
Employee Thank You Meals
Children's Holiday Party
100% Employer Paid Benefits
Short and Long Term Disability
Attendance Bonus up to $1.00/hour
Productivity Bonus up to $1.00/hour
Starting Production Wage $15.10/hour
Top Production Wage $21.25/hour
Full Service Cafeteria and Retail Market!