June 13, 2018
DONOR COMMUNICATIONS & STEWARDSHIP OFFICER
About Assiniboine Park Conservancy
Creating the future vision for one of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada’s most prized treasures, Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) located at 55 Pavilion Crescent in Winnipeg is the not-for-profit organization that oversees Assiniboine Park’s operations and ensures its ongoing redevelopment and financial viability. Our team is inspired to create and deliver extraordinary experiences for the people who visit and use the Park and Zoo including building friendly, supportive, effective relationships with stakeholders, community and the general public.
Monday - Friday Days
(may include the occasional evening, weekend or holiday to meet business needs)
We have an immediate need for a Donor Communications & Stewardship Officer who will report to the Director, Capital Campaign/Resource Development. We are looking for someone with strong strategic thinking skills who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the communication strategy for the Resource Development department. This role will lead the planning, execution and evaluation of inspiring programs that encourage donor loyalty at all levels The officer will ensure that all stewardship and donor relations are integrated and support the overall fundraising strategies of the Assiniboine Park Conservancy.
What you will do:
- Develop, create and manage all communication activities for the Resource Development department.
- Develop, assess and implement donor relation, stewardship and recognition strategies while communicating direction and priorities to other key stakeholders in our organization to build alignment within the organization.
- Develop story ideas for public relations and marketing as it relates to the Resource Development functions.
- Design and implement donor acknowledgement and recognition platforms that demonstrate donor impact and deepen donor relationships.
- Oversee donor recognition and acknowledgement practices and policies thereby promoting growth in the retention rate of donors through repeat giving.
- Develop, manage and execute timely and engaging recognition, stewardship and cultivation events and activities including but not limited to high-touch donor tours, space dedications, resource development events (dinners/receptions).
- Create and manage a consistent information system for tracking stewarding prospects and donors.
- Develop, manage and monitor the expense budget for Donor Stewardship & Services.
What we have to offer:
- Group RRSP Program
- Zoo membership
- Group Benefits Plan -Employer paid
- Employee Assistant Plan - Employer paid
If you are interested in this opportunity, please APPLY on our career website at https://www.assiniboineparkzoo.ca/park-landing/home/join-our-team/careers with your résumé and cover letter including your salary expectations by Wednesday, June 27, 2018.
What you need to have:
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field (Communications, journalism, fundraising etc.)
- A minimum of five years of experience in a communications related position.
- Previous experience working in the non-profit industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Additional Criteria considered an asset:
- Related experience in a fundraising or resource development environment is considered a strong asset.
- Experience working within Raiser’s Edge (database development program) is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of graphic design is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of website design and social media tools.
What you need to demonstrate to be successful in this role:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to write, edit and proofread documents.
- Proven research skills with the ability to take an idea from conception to inception.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to successfully write grant and capital campaign proposals.
- Strong ability to exchange ideas, opinions and information with others as part of a working group in a collaborative, diverse team environment.
- Strong organizational skills to consistently plan, manage resources and achieve assigned goals and projects within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative on projects.
- Broad understanding of fundraising principles as well as strong understanding of donor reporting.
- Proficient typing, business writing, editing, formatting, and proofing skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professionalism including effective management of confidential information and a highly professional demeanour.
Successful candidates will be subject to Credit and Criminal Record Checks.