Who we are:
Creating the future vision for one of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada’s most prized treasures, Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) is the not-for-profit organization that oversees Assiniboine Park’s operations and ensures its ongoing redevelopment and financial viability. Our team is inspired to create and deliver extraordinary experiences for the people who visit and use the Park and Zoo including building friendly, supportive, effective relationships with stakeholders, community and the general public. We want to be a place where people share the wonders of nature in a way that inspires them to conserve it for the future.
The Communications & Public Relations Coordinator will contribute to APC’s strategic communications objectives by creating content to support internal and external communications and assisting with media relations. Reporting to the Director, Communication & Public Relations, the Coordinator will utilize communications best practices to support APC’s strategic plan, its vision, mission, and values.
The Communications & Public Relations Coordinator will provide professional expertise and functional advice on communication activities across the departments, staff, and business units. This position will collaborate with APC stakeholders and provide insight using strong judgement, strategic thinking, and reasoning skills. Contributing to APC’s community engagement and inclusion initiatives, this position will manage and coordinate APC’s Community Access ticket program.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 3-5 years of progressive communications experience, developing and executing strategic communication and public relations plans.
- Recognized superior communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team environment across all levels throughout the organization, thriving in a complicated, fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in media relations and crisis management experience.
- Excellent proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office software and a demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning new software programs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with digital and social media.
What we have to offer:
- Comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, life, travel) and RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Zoo Membership
How to apply:
All interested applicants can submit their résumé and cover letter on our career website:
If selected for an interview, candidates must provide proof of Covid-19 Fully Vaccinated status.
Deadline to apply: December 7, 2021