Director of Development
Our client, the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre (Royal MTC), is a professional not-for-profit theatre company and Manitoba’s flagship theatre. Each season, Royal MTC produces ten plays on two stages, a regional tour of Manitoba, a wide range of youth programming and the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival. They are currently seeking a Director of Development with diverse fundraising experience to cultivate strong relationships and lead the Development team to further enhance Royal MTC’s development activities.
The recent appointment of new Artistic Director Kelly Thornton, combined with high-performance Development and Senior Leadership teams currently in place, culminate in an exciting time for Royal MTC that brings with it considerable opportunity. This is an exceptional role for a strong relationship builder and a driven leader who is looking for a high impact career in the arts sector.
The Director of Development is a member of the highly collaborative and dynamic Senior Leadership team. The successful incumbent will report to the Executive Director, and will work closely with the Artistic Director, the Board of Trustees, the Development Staff and volunteers. The Director of Development is responsible for leading and maximizing Royal MTC’s development activities, including comprehensive annual individual campaigns, a robust sponsorship program, corporate and foundation giving, and two major annual fundraising events. In addition, this position will be responsible for growing the Founder’s Circle (planned gifts), the Steven Schipper Endowment Fund (held at the Winnipeg Foundation), and other stewardship and acquisition events. An expanding area of focus for this role is major giving, where the successful incumbent will align the goals and passion of generous supporters with the exciting opportunities and innovations offered at Royal MTC.
- Set and achieve fundraising strategies and revenue goals with the Executive Director and Board and volunteer committees.
- Evaluate and enhance long-term fundraising strategies and offerings.
- Grow and increase Royal MTC’s donor and supporter network in a sustainable way, through development, research, and the implementation of strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition.
- Develop new private sector revenue opportunities and relationships for Royal MTC.
- Work closely with the Executive and Artistic Directors, Board Members, Foundation Trustees and Development Committees to meet fundraising targets and campaign expectations.
- Provide day to day leadership, expertise and mentorship to Development staff
- Minimum of 5 years of senior full-service fundraising experience is required, ideally in a not-for-profit environment.
- Relevant post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required; practical knowledge of the fundraising ecology in Winnipeg.
- Professional fundraising designation (CFRE) is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and managing successful fundraising campaigns.
- Strategic thinker who will drive new initiatives and enhance existing opportunities;
- Exceptional ability to build, navigate, and maintain relationships.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to gain the respect and support of a variety of stakeholders, including Board members, management, donors and community members.
Are you a motivated fundraising professional ready to lead and advance the Development function at a Manitoba theatre institution? Let’s talk.
Royal MTC offers a competitive salary and has an excellent benefits package and company-matched DC Pension Plan.
To apply, please submit your application below.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram @AcuityHR