The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre exists to celebrate the widest spectrum of theatre art. Deeply rooted in the province of Manitoba, which gave it life and provides for its growth, Royal MTC aspires to both reflect and engage the community it serves. Canada’s oldest regional theatre, each season Royal MTC produces ten plays at two venues as well as the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, The Bridge: A Festival of Ideas, and an annual regional tour. royalmtc.ca
Communications & Social Media Manager
We are seeking a vibrant Communications & Social Media Manager with an outside of-the-box creative flair to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic team charged with the task of developing and implementing strategies that will help grow our audience, achieve sales targets and engage the community. Your portfolio will focus on social media, both content creation and strategy; publicity and building relationships with media; and writing to support the work of the marketing/communications team and the entire organization. This role supports all of Royal MTC’s core activities, including productions at the Mainstage and Warehouse, the Regional Tour, the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, The Bridge: A Festival of Ideas and all artistic development programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, create, evaluate and publish social media content;
- Monitor all social media channels and respond to questions;
- Collaborate with other departments (Patron Services, Development, Education, Production, etc.) to identify social media opportunities to build relationships with existing patrons, cultivate new audience participation and support sales initiatives;
- Develop and monitor social media analytics;
- Keep abreast of social media trends and best practices;
- Develop social media strategies to optimize theatre profile and attendance.
- Develop media strategies to optimize theatre profile and attendance;
- Strategize media tactics for key announcements and to promote core activities;
- Manage the media database and media opening night lists;
- Develop press releases, all press materials, and other public writing;
- Research and maintain online listings and promotional opportunities;
- Coordinate and supervise all media interviews and photo/video calls;
- Build, maintain and own strong relations with members of the media.
- Contribute writing and editing support as required;
- Contribute with planning, writing, editing and proofing Ovation content (Royal MTC house program);
- Source and manage writers as required.
- Experience in a small to mid-size organization where you have honed a wide range of skills;
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments in a similar or related field;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Enthusiasm and energy;
- Results-driven; deadline-oriented; with strong planning and organizational skills;
- Creative, with a sense of humour and an ability to respond innovatively to issues as they arise;
- Photography and videography skills considered an asset;
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends;
- Microsoft Office, Photoshop, website Content Management Systems, and email systems;
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead on projects, and a willingness to lean-in and assist colleagues when needed;
- Knowledge or experience with the arts community and/or not-for-profit sector.
IDEAL PERSONAL QUALITIES
- A passion for theatre and the arts;
- Exceptionally detail-orientated with consistent follow-through;
- A charismatic personality with an authentic desire to build energetic relationships internally and externally.
In addition to this position being a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for theatre, Royal MTC offers a collaborative and fast-paced working environment, a salary of $45,000 - $50,000 depending on qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume below by Friday, November 5th 2021.
As demonstrated by our Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism Commitment to Action, Royal MTC is on a deliberate and strategic path to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and becoming an anti-racist organization. We desire to attract a workforce that reflects and shares these values. Recognizing the history of underrepresentation of Indigenous, Black, and people of colour (IBPOC) positions in our company, we will prioritize qualified individuals who self-identify as IBPOC.
We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our process. If you require additional accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.