SUMMARY: Under the direction of the CFO; ensures all functions of the Customer Service department are executed in an accurate and efficient manner in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
RESPONSIBIITIES AND DUTIES:
· Assist customers with technical application information, pricing, order status, availability and delivery dates.
· Preparation of warehouse sales orders (fill in customer #,Tax code & discounts)
· Order changes and cancellations.
· Customer name & address changes or additions.
· Calculation of PPD. & CHG.
· Stock transfer to warehouse
· Monitors and checks all customer releases.
· Provide system training to all customer service employees.
· Cross train representatives for back-up on all accounts. Provide leadership, coaching and department metric management to the customer service team.
· Provide assistance to customers regarding application and problem inquires.
· Maintain log of inquiries and communicate regularly to engineering and product manager
· Work with engineering to communicate customer needs and print requirements
· Answer product questions and provide recommendations
Insure accurate and complete processing of changes including:
· Pulling orders for Shipping and checking back orders.
· Enter manual orders on a daily basis as they are received.
· Mail, fax and telephone order entry for all aftermarket customers.
· Follow-up on shipping discrepancies with PTI shipping department and carriers.
· Ensure all P.O. data is accurate (pricing, billing and shipping information).
· Work with buyer/planners to expedite orders.
· Assist in expediting customer shipments in critical situations.
· Provide the “next level” of contact for customers.
· Issue Return Goods Authorizations (RGA’s) when appropriate (excluding warranties).
Quote systems / connections:
· Set up new customers
· Prepare pre-quote documents and forward to appropriate sales personnel.
· Entry of approved pre-quotes into system
· Maintenance of quote system & files.
· Answer customer inquiries regarding deliveries, orders, pricing
· Catalogue & price list mailing
· Securement adjustments and rain checks
· Free trade preparation of NAFTA blanket certificates.
Forwarding and Export Papers:
· Assure efficient Customs clearing as to avoid delay of goods. Exhibiting some knowledge of Customs regulations Transmitting Advance Shipping Notice (ASN’s) in conjunction with shipments in a timely manner through the Electronic Data Interchange system (EDI).
· Check and process orders by Direct Data Link (DDL).
· Type, check and sign customs papers
· Write up forwarding information for all major customers.
· “Pro forma” invoices for overseas shipments
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment, Daily deadlines
Education: Associates Degree from an accredited school
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years Customer Service experience
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Experience with ERP systems and MS Office products
Education: Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: 8-10 years experience Customer Service experience.