*TERM: JAN 06, 2014-JAN 09, 2015
(A term can end at any time with 10 days written notice)
Late applications will not be accepted.
- Facilitate, organize and prepare correspondence, reports, information, materials and meeting/appointment documents as requested for the Physical Plant Department.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond to inquiries via phone/email and direct individuals to the appropriate department members.
- Monitor departmental expenditures/accounts, provide information to the Director as requested and prepare account reports for the Controller’s Office.
- Assist Executive Director, Facilities as required.
- Redirect work orders to the appropriate department branch.
- Allocate maintenance/service requests to proper areas, and expedite all transportation requests through the Physical Plant Planner.
- Develop and maintain a complete record system for the University’s fleet vehicles.
- Process mail, maintain files/records, photocopy, fax, order general office supplies and oversee office equipment.
- Prepare and maintain the department personnel/administrative records and information files.
- Maintain the SALTO Access Control System and assign user privileges to other access control administrators within security and within other departments subject to the Executive Director's approval.
- Oversee the University key control and distribution system, set up key schedules for new building/renovations and ensure that authorized users have keys at the level approved/needs.
- Enter all data into the key inventory and control system.
- Distribute and receive key returns from University employees and students.
- Collect, refund and balance cash deposits from students in accordance with University policy regarding issuing keys.
- Oversee all space bookings evenings/weekends and provide daily information of events on campus to those University departments concerned.
- Liaise with different University departments.
- Be familiar with the mail room, general receiving and book store receiving and their computer programs and delivery routes to be able to assist in emergencies as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- High school completion with related options
- Demonstrate knowledge of the building and construction field would be an asset.
- Exhibit experience dealing with the public.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have accurate typing skills of 55 - 60 wpm.
- Must have effective computer use skills.
- Must be able to use initiative and judgment as situations arise.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize workloads demonstrating excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality regarding emergencies and problems.
- Or equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
The Collective Agreement between The University of Winnipeg and The Association of Employees Supporting Education Services (AESES), Clause 6.3, Selection for Vacancy, states: The Employer agrees that Employees with seniority shall have preference in connection with appointments so far as it is practicable to do so, provided that their qualifications are relatively equal.
Note: The University of Winnipeg is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is initially directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.