HyLife Ltd is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics sales in Canada, US, and China. We are currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill the position of Senior Manager of Procurement/Inventory Management
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee purchasing of, meds, maintenance, packaging, consumable supplies, light vehicles, propane and gas
- Formulate a plan to get regular quotations and proposals, while achieving optimal value
- Challenge discounting and prompt pay structures,
- Attend with Procurement Manager and company Vets key meetings with vendors.
- Oversee distribution of supplies through the HyLife Distribution Centres.
- Prepare annual budgets for distribution centres.
- Oversee with procurement manager staff at all 6 distribution centres.
- Ensure optimized inventory levels at all sites.
- Review purchase order systems/processes ensuring accountability to all purchase transactions.
- Implement a small vehicle maintenance policy and make sure it is followed and respected.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Has experience in managing a team of highly motivated people
- Has at least 3 years experience as a senior buyer/inventory management in a corporate setting
- CPP accreditation preferred
- Has excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office software (Excel, Word, Access) and MRP Systems
- Has experience in Lean Manufacturing principals.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.