Federated Insurance, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northbridge Financial Corporation (Northbridge), is a leading Canadian company providing specialized insurance to select classes of business including: equipment dealers, home builders, printers, contractors (mechanical, electrical, trade), automotive, tire and RV dealers. Federated Insurance has been insuring Canadian businesses for 90 years.
We are presently recruiting for a Supervisor, Risk Analysis within our Edmonton office.
You will supervise a group of staff, which could include any or all of Loss Prevention, Risk Analysis and/or support personnel for a specific book of business with the objective to achieve profitability goals and maintain service standards.
- Assist in managing the profitability of the Business Unit.
- Monitors performance of the book of business on a pro-active basis and recommends solutions to issues identified. Implements and monitors strategies and re-underwriting programs as required.
- Makes recommendations on individual accounts to Field Operations Director, Risk when these are beyond delegated authority.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee orientation, development, training, motivation and team building.
- Establishes, communicates and monitors standards of performance for individual employees and the department in general.
- Ensures individual and group training and development objectives are in place and managed for completion.
- Ensures unit production and service goals meet the standards established.
- Communicates internally and externally to support business plan objectives.
- Manages Unit production costs to budgets.
- University degree or equivalent
- Insurance industry designation i.e. FIIC, CIP, FCIP.
- 10 years commercial underwriting experience.
- Past supervisory experience.
- Proven team player.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Creative, innovative and solution driven.
Federated Insurance offers a challenging career, attractive rewards and a comprehensive Total Rewards Package.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online or submit your resume to HR@federated.ca.
We thank all that apply, however only those under consideration will be contacted.