Inventory Control Manager
HyLife Foods a division of the HyLife organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. The base of operations is in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
Reporting to the Director of Product & Sales Management, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities at HyLife Foods plant.
1. Execute inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizing stock system and paperwork accuracy
2. The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing, planning, incoming product, materials and shipping to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly
3. The job role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time as assigned.
4. Manage a team of inventory stewards to execute inventory control measures.
5. Work with Information Services to ensure that inventory processes and information management systems are aligned.
1. Inventory Control
• Develop the company’s inventory management strategy at HyLife Foods with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital
• Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory, profiles, and stock locations
• Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting/inventory accuracy checks
• Minimize overstocks and removal of obsolete/redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital
• Ensure that incoming goods/stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business
• Ensure incoming product is received and managed appropriately according to company procedures
• Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required
• Ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production are followed up on and resolved in a timely matter
• Provide routine management information on inventory performance, and KPI's
i. Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs
ii. Monitor & evaluate material utilization and waste
• Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimize costs and maximize working capital
• Write and maintain accurate written procedures and SOP's for all main inventory control processes and functions
• Be responsible for managing and running planned inventory counts
• Perform cyclic stock checks to ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
• Review and manage shop floor data collection data
• Ensure packaging pick tickets are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly
• Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved
• Implement control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved
• Develop, train, and supervise the inventory stewards to to ensure all SOP's are followed and provide leadership to all direct reports within your department
2. Operational Performance
Achieve a minimum of 95% inventory record accuracy
• Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management
• Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience of lean manufacture, kanban and kaizen continuous improvement
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
• Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods
• Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timelines and pressures while maintaining attention to detail and quality
• Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
• Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications - outlook, excel & word in particular with working knowledge of business systems
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
We thank all applicants, however, only those
under consideration will be contacted.