HyLife Ltd is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics sales in Canada, US, and China. This position is based at the Head Office in the vibrant community of LaBroquerie, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life. HyLife is currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill the position of Network Administrator
Job Summary: Selected candidate should be able to design, implement and manage advanced networking concepts within the HyLife dynamic, growing environment including routing, switching, load balancing and failover, firewalling, QoS, and wireless. This role also includes involvement in the HyLife Windows server environment, including Active Directory, Exchange, and VMware.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Network Administrator role includes the following responsibilities:
- Design, implementation and management of WAN, LAN, VOIP, wireless, security, cabling and related technologies across HyLife and all subsidiaries
- Ensure all systems are monitored and reported upon
- Implement network management tools & processes.
- Contribute to operational best practices and standard process development.
- Ensure network infrastructure and related procedures support business requirements
- Collaborate with, support, and provide coverage for other roles within the IT department as needed
- Secondary support for other enterprise systems such as storage area network, physical and virtual servers
- Provide 2nd tier user support as requests are escalated from front-line user support staff
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of network design and implementation experience (required)
- 5+ years of Cisco networking equipment experience (required)
- VOIP and telephony experience (desirable)
- Experience with VMware ESX server and SAN technologies (desirable)
- Windows server administration skills, including Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory (desirable)
- Experience with operational best practices such as change control, metrics reporting and policy-based management
- Experience managing multiple projects, tasks and activities simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, working independently and in team a environment
- Customer service focus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.