Junior Support Analyst (Information Technology)
We are continuing to Grow HyLife Foods a division of the HyLife organization, engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position is based at the operations in the vibrant community of Neepawa, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
The Information Technology team at HyLife Foods is seeking a new team member to improve our end-user support capability and capacity. The ideal candidate would be a strong computer user, with great communications and people skills, complemented by a willingness to learn. This role will collaborate with the rest of the Information Technology team to provide excellent support to our end users.
- Provide first-contact support to office and plant floor computer users. Includes the following:
- Basic computer and network usage. Includes logging in, accessing network resources, email and Microsoft Office.
- Application usage, including usage of packaged and custom applications in use at HyLife Foods.
- Track the status of support requests using help desk software.
- Ensure that end users are updated regarding the status of outstanding support requests, including approach and time to resolve.
- Escalate support requests as needed to the appropriate IT resource.
- Help to compile and maintain a knowledge base of IT support procedures.
- Help to develop and present end user training in both one-on-one and group scenarios.
- Help to compile ongoing management reporting for user support activity.
Key skills & experience
- Strong computer literacy. Must be familiar with common computer applications include Microsoft Outlook and Office. “Power user” capabilities are ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to learn. Willing and able to learn new tools and procedures, via both self-directed learning and learning from other team members.
- Good interpersonal skills. Good verbal communications. Must be a strong ‘people person’ who can convey the right level of professionalism and empathy when dealing with end user support requests.
- Good written communications. This role requires the ability to write end-user documentation, procedures and guidelines.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment. Familiarity with HyLife Foods business operation is ideal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge.HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies. If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge then we would like to explore your potential. Please apply online at: http://www.hylife.com/currentopportunities.php